400g Sushi grade rice
700g Coconut milk
90g Caster sugar
40g Desiccated coconut
100ml whipping cream
70g Desiccated coconut and 30g rice flour, mixed
Preparation of rice
1. Wash rice under cold water for 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Combine all ingredients in a pan. Stirring constantly, bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove and place into shallow trays and cover. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
4. Refrigerate to set.
Preparation of doughnuts
1. Mould rice into 20g balls. Dip in either egg white or if egg free then water.
2. Roll in desiccated coconut and rice flour mix.
3. Deep fry at 160c for about 5 minutes, remove, drain and roll in caster sugar.
1 large mango, halved
Half a small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
1 lime, juice only
1. Blend half the mango and the other ingredients to form a coulis.
2. Neatly and fine dice the remaining mango and stir through.